Replit ask messages for bounties

Describe your feature request
Allow replit ask messages as an option for communication when completing bounties.
What problem(s) would this feature solve?
This problem would solve people from giving away their emails (if they feel uncertain) and discord (which many people don’t have accounts to.)
Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
I want to apply to some bounties but I don’t feel comfortable giving away my email.

5 Likes

That’s the same with me. I made a separate email that I only use for bounties to hide my real email.

Related

3 Likes

Good idea! I don’t feel comfortable with that either. replit ask messages is actually real-time which makes it perfect for communitcating.

1 Like

Yep! Email is generally slower,.

2 Likes

true… Or I do have an idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

This problem would solve people from giving away their emails (if they feel uncertain) and discord (which many people don’t have accounts to.)

I agree. I do not have a discord account, and I do not want someone I barely know emailing me.

4 Likes

I think that would be a good idea. Besides, who knows if the person will keep emailing you and dm you on discord.

Duplicate of Add a built-in Bounty Chat

Bardia said that they’d consider it again in early 2023.

This is not a dupe. The other one does include changes to bounties but not communication between the poster and hunter

Oh, I completely misread the entire thread :person_facepalming:

I missed the word Ask

1 Like

Happens to the best of us. Last night I mess read its go as it is over on discord

The ability to message within Replit seems like basic dog food for me. You need to be able to clarify aspects before hiring a bounty, and doesnt make sense to do it via email. Once you hire someone seems fine to do email, but would still be slowww

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! Perhaps you could vote on this request then? (Right by the title, there is a button) That’s the only way this idea might come to replit.

2 Likes

We’re working on in-app Bounties chat right now!

3 Likes

Awesome! Any ETA or sneak peeks?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add a built-in Bounty Chat

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.