Welcome to Replit Ask! This forum is the place to get help from the Replit community with your Replit and code questions.
To ensure that everyone feels welcome and safe here, we require all users to agree to our Community Standards.
If you find any posts or comments that violate these standards, you can report them by clicking the flag icon.
Find a full list of our forum rules below.
All users must follow Replit’s Terms of Service anytime they use the site.
All kinds of coders are building on Replit!
This forum is a great place to offer support and ask questions in a way that is helpful, humble, and collaborative. It’s not the place to be mean or sarcastic about someone’s topic, question, programming skills, project, or otherwise.
- We do not tolerate targeting any person or group of people for any reason whatsoever. Any abusive or threatening writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially based on race, religion, or sexual orientation goes against our community standards.
- Our mods are here to help! Please show them the same respect that they show you. Sometimes, they’ll have to make tough calls on how to make the forum safer and more enjoyable for all of our users, which may be appealed, but the decision is ultimately up to our mods and staff.
Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
- Make an effort to post to the correct channel and keep posts on-topic.
- Avoid posting duplicate topics or questions. Odds are that someone has shared your feedback or asked your question before! Be sure to search for your question/feedback/report before creating a new topic.
- Mark correct answers to your questions as “Solution” to help future users find the answer, too!
- Take care to share constructive criticism. Not sure what that looks like? Read more here.
- Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button! Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a New Topic.
- Use flags wisely. Flags are designed to protect our users, so please only flag posts that may be harmful or abusive to the community.
- This forum is for Replit-specific asks for help and support, sharing feedback, and reporting bugs. Please avoid using it for general chatter and posts that are off-topic.
Content that makes other community members feel uncomfortable or unwelcome such as swearing, nudity, violent and graphic content is strictly disallowed.
Protect your own safety! Avoid sharing unnecessary personally identifiable information (PII) such as your full name, email addresses, IP addresses, age, etc.
When sharing Repl links, never share join links except with trusted collaborators. Here’s how to share your code instead.
- We hope all of our users will become dazzlingly wealthy someday, but please don’t advertise your wares by sharing links or spamming in comments or posts.
- To help us accurately gauge feedback, avoid using alt accounts to boost the stats on your posts.
- Don’t ping Replit staff unless they have already participated in the topic. Our staff and mods check this forum regularly and will inform the appropriate parties of topics of concern.
Everyone can and should code, but Replit is only available to users above the age of 13. This is due to COPPA regulations.
|Rule #||Rule Name||Rule Description||Action taken if broken|
|1||Be kind and respectful.||Be kind and leave the community better than when you first logged on. Share feedback in a way that is constructive. We will not tolerate any form of bullying, hate speech, or harassment towards any member or staff.||Warning or silence|
|2||Don’t spam/advertise||Please do not spam by posting numerous times in quick succession. Don’t make topics just to advertise something.||Warning to suspension|
|3||Keep everything SFW||Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit, such as swearing, nudity, violent or graphic content.||Warning to suspension|
|4||Age||To conform to C.O.P.P.A. regulations, all users must be at least 13 to use Replit unless written consent from your legal guardian is provided.||Suspension until 13th birthday|
|5||Keep it tidy||Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed,” use the “Like” button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a New Topic. Avoid posting about topics unrelated to Replit feedback and support.||Warning|
|6||Don’t post duplicate topics||Please search before creating a new topic to avoid creating redundant posts. Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.||Topic being deleted and/or warning|
|7||Don’t abuse alt accounts||Don’t use alt accounts to boosts the stats of your posts.||Warning to temporary suspension|
|7.1||Allowed alts||It is ok to have alts if they don’t interact with each other. For example wanting a school and personal account. Or testing a bug that needs 2 accounts|
|8||Use flags wisely||Do your best not to flag posts that do not go against our community standards.||Warning|
|9||Don’t bypass automatic filters.||Our filters are in place to increase the quality of posts. If a filter is proving more frustrating than helpful, you may report it to our moderators in General.||Warning|
|10||Common sense||Just because something is not listed here does not mean it is not permitted in our community. If common sense tells you that something should not be done don’t do it.||Depends on the severity of the action|
|11||Moderators have the final say.||Our moderators may have to make tough calls on how to make the forum safer and more enjoyable for all of our users. Users may appeal these actions (see below), but the decision is ultimately up to our mods and staff.||Depends on the severity of the action|
Our rules are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel goes against the Community Standards.
The warning system is a way to enforce the rules that have been set in place for this community. Moderation actions will be escalated for users who receive multiple warnings.
|Number of warnings||Action taken|
|3||1-2 day suspension|
|4||10 day suspension|
- Silences count for 2 warnings.
- Warnings expire after 3 months. Silences expire after 6 months.
If you disagree with a moderator action, you may appeal it by following the steps in this guide.