Replit Ask Badges and Trust Levels

---------------‐-------Solved------------------------
Hi guys, I’ve got some questions concerning the ‘First Reaction’ badge: How do you get it? I’ve reacted to tons of messages before, but I’ve never gotten this badge. Can someone clarify this?
In addition, I would like to know, what are the promotion criteria to get to the next Trust Level? Ive tried to find this but I can’t. Could someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks.
---------------‐-------Unsolved---------------------

Err guys… I’m supposed to be getting some badges… BUT I’M NOT!!!
I have absolutely no idea why this is happening and I’m in need of clarification.

this will help: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels.

2 Likes

Is there anyone who can tell me how the ‘First Reaction’ badge works?

You just have to react; you have to wait a few minutes after you reacted to get the badge

1 Like

@SnakeyKing
I’ve waited for pretty long already, almost 30 minutes to 1 hour.

then I’m pretty sure it’s a bug

Oh wait I just got it. Thanks!

1 Like

Err guys… I’m supposed to be getting some badges… BUT I’M NOT!!!
I have absolutely no idea why this is happening and I’m in need of clarification.

You should wait a few minutes; or perhaps longer

I’m supposed to get ‘First Share’ and ‘Reader’… and ive waited for more than 10 minutes. I have read a 301-long post and I have gotten the links for 3 replies/posts and shared it on WhatsApp, and I still havent received theses badges.

Reader doesn’t work like that. You have to read every post in a topic that has more than 100 replies
Also did you press the share button?

1 Like

But let me clarify. I read a topic with more than 100 replies.

It took me around 1 hour to get the ‘solved’ badge
You just have to wait

Certain badges take a long time to run, 24 hours or so.

1 Like

I still haven’t received my 1 solution badge…

Hi @NateDhaliwal these badges are awarded automatically by the forum (except the monthly contributor badges). I can’t see where you have posted and someone else has marked it as a solution. Can you link to this please?

In relation to your question about Trust Levels. The criteria for generic Discourse TLs can be found here Understanding Discourse Trust Levels (as shared earlier by @SnakeyKing ) but we have adjusted them for Ask and have no plans to share the criteria (because then users will focus on gaming this rather than helping others in the community).

5 Likes

This is a reply from me that was marked as a solution.

This is the other one.

Great. Thanks for that. I can see the solutions in your bio now. Weird that I didn’t first time around.

I checked the criteria and you should be awarded the “Solved” badge but it may take up to 24 hours.

Hi @IanAtCSTeach I would also like to clarify about the Reader badge. Is it to read a topic with more than 100 replies? If so, I have done that twice already…

On Discourse, before you read a topic, there is a blue dot next to the timestamp it was created. After you read it, the blue dot disappears. Wait for the dot to disappear then you actually “read” it.

1 Like