Repl turns off when I log off

Bug description:
My repl turns off every time I log off from repl. This isn’t my own repl, it’s my friend’s, he just pays for repl and I only code on it. I guess it is because of recent change of removing “Always On” button.

Expected vs Current Behavior:
It’s supposed to be on 24/7, but now I have to stay AFK in replit whole day for my bot not to turn off.

Steps to reproduce:
No steps. It just appeared unexpectedly.

Bug appears at this link: Repl is private I am sorry

Screenshot(s)/Screen Recording:
Don’t mention to not loading codes, it’s just my internet that slow :<

I see this button not being turned on every time I log into my repl.

Browser/OS/Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/119.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 OPR/105.0.0.0

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@OptiFire

Hey @OptiFire, this is due to the new hosting changes. If you want your bot to stay online, you’ll need to deploy it. If you have a webserver in the repl with it, you can try it as autoscale, however reserved VM mode is recommended for bots.

1 Like

Hello @Firepup650, I will need to figure out how to deploy repl that I don’t own later, but will this be fixed in the future or this is not a bug?

There’s a feature request for that:

What are you referring to here?

Nvm about it. I will just try deploying, if this doesn’t affect any damage to my repl.

But it’s not actual feature at the moment right? It’s just too hard for my friend to open up any of his devices and reply to my messages lol

@Firepup650 This appears to be a bug I am running into the same thing, I deployed the Server, Everything was correct, I had the play for VM always on but if I close the browser the page stops.

I am not going to pay money if this is an issue as the “Always on feature” is a must. This is why I dont understand why this was removed.

its a little crazy that I have to code it now to allow it to be always on but This appears to have worked by changing the bot.infinity_polling() to

while True:
    try:
        bot.infinity_polling()
    except Exception as e:
        print(f'Bot polling failed due to an exception: {e}')
        time.sleep(15)

Wait you want to say that this is the code to make a discord bot on 24/7?

Do you have version for discord.JS?

Im using Python for telegram but its kinda in the same function. (Java Based)

Also even with that coded in my code Replit still turns the page off and so I stopped my pages currently.

Kinda wish the “always on” function was still here even if you guys wanted to update to a different usage platform, shouldn’t have removed that function…