Repl.it Teams EDU - How do you duplicate projects between teams (classes) without losing project type?

When I use the “share project” link generator in replit teams for EDU to copy projects from one class (replit team) into another (such as for multiple sections or to teach it again the next semester), the projects all duplicate as type “blank repl,” which cannot (as far as I can find) be changed. I found information that this is/was intended behavior, but it does cause problems for my use case, since this results in hidden files (Makefile, replit.nix etc.) being visible by default, so students have to choose “hide hidden files” each time they open the repl if they don’t want to see these, and if they accidentally modify these files that can break the repl.

I know it is possible to duplicate the repls en masse and still maintain the project type (C++, Java etc.) because I have done so successfully once before, but unfortunately I do not remember the procedure I used to accomplish this and cannot reproduce it. At the moment the only workaround I have found is to recreate each project individually and then copy over the files one project at a time manually, but I know there must be a better way. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

Hi @lacastillo thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the delay in responding to your question.

This is already a reported bug, so please check here for information. Please be assured that it doesn’t affect the functionality of your Repl, but it will show students files which they might not normally see.