Repl it’s web view is doing Repl.co instead of replit.dev

Yes every project is doing this

I had to manually change it to Replit.dev for the site to work but on Replit its being Repl.co

1 Like

@47d Thanks for trying our suggestions so far.
At this point, since your Repls work fine for us, the issue might be environmental. I have some troubleshooting steps here in another thread:

Some of these steps are included in our official documentation which you are welcome to review as well:
https://docs.replit.com/hosting/deployments/troubleshooting#webview-issues-in-replitapp-and-replitdev

If you’re able to deduce where the issue is in your environment, we’d be interested in hearing the solution.

3 Likes

same thing happened to me when playing aroundworking on a repl owned by qwerty… can confirm: https://aa95cbf3-ec32-4d50-a558-c80c6fb7c822-00-6rkzwhjiymsv.janeway.repl.co/

4 Likes

but I, myself, am not experiencing it… o-O

@python660 Does it route to repl.co/null for you as well? I have only seen a couple reports of that including OP.

Technically if it routed to repl.co, we still redirect to the appropriate place. So it’s that /null that is messing things up here (which could be caused by any number of things including environmental).

1 Like

I usually got this when pressing New Tab before the Webview had fully loaded.

It doesn’t load to /null for me, but my school blocks repl.co so thats how i noticed

I think it’s only on ios safari, as I get this same exact bug. (not the repl.co part, the loading part)

That also happened to me in the same repl as python660. It works fine (with replit.dev) at home, but at school, where both repl.co and replit.dev are blocked, I consistently get the repl.co/null url

None of those work it might be an issue through the mobile replit website.

@47d I tested your Repls on mobile and didn’t see any issues so I don’t believe it’s a mobile-specific issue.

3 Likes

I have reproduced this bug before. It uses the replit.dev format with the repl.co domain, and with /null (even when opened in a new tab).

3 Likes

This bug also seems to be there sometimes, and depends on the device.

Some days later new tab url uses replit.dev, but webwiew doesn’t work good. It worked well for a few minutes, but then everything stopped working again.

1 Like