Remove, Increase, or Clarify Account-Level Storage Limits

I’ve been with Replit for 2 years and I have LOADS of Repls. Last I heard there was an account-wide storage limit for regular and Hacker plan users (Hacker being 5GB if I remember correctly) and I have reason to believe I am hitting this limit. Projects that I used to scaffold easily now cause -122 system errors because I’m exceeding the disk quota installing dependencies.

Not sure if this is some new change or just because I’m so old that I finally hit the limit, but its becoming a pain point when trying to build larger webapps like I used to a while ago :sweat_smile:.

I asked a Replit Engineer prior to this post and they said they weren’t at liberty to say whether account-wide limits are still in place - understandable. I would very much like a definitive answer and perhaps a better solution that the one I’m currently drafting.

My plan right now is to just write a script using a library I made (crosis4furrets) that will connect to Repls I own and run rm -rf node_modules (or similar depending on the packager) and remove the node_modules folder from all of my Repls, and the I go back and reinstall modules for Repls I do use. This would clear out wasteful space while still preserving my project’s codebase (and yes I will be open sourcing this tool for others to use of course :relieved:).

At the end of the day though it would be useful to either be given a guarantee as to what’s going on or clarify details on the account-level storage limit. While I can’t wait for Infinity Drive, I don’t want to pay extra if it’s just a matter of my account being old. I will keep this post updated on my little experiment clearing out my account though :+1:

- Ray

5 Likes

Also, is this a problem or a request?

2 Likes

Ray’s been here for AGES lol

2 Likes

nah, for like 3 years. still a lot though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

oh really? wow, I mean I’ve seen Ray before that… huh

3 Likes

how long have u been on replit ( activly , I’ve been on replit for like 1.5 years)

2 Likes

tbh no idea, an eng. told me to stick it here so im hoping someone on the team stumbles by to take a look lol! xD

2 Likes

quite some time matter of factly :relieved:

2 Likes

ummmm maybe like 3 or 4 years?

2 Likes

How do you even check how long someone has been on replit?

2 Likes

I just remember when I joined :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hey @RayhanADev!

Can you send me the link to one of your Repls that is encountering the out-of-storage error? Account-wide storage shouldn’t affect the Repl’s ability to run, that’s part of the per-Repl storage limitation.

3 Likes

Invited you to my Repl! I added repro deets to README.md

3 Likes

this project created by @hi is agolang repl that shows creation date of any account: replit user data checker.

2 Likes

no hes only been on for 3 years.

2 Likes

oof apparently wasn’t here 2019 XD (keep in mind my acc:

1. had an account name change
  2. is newer account that I used after I created a first one)
2 Likes

Thanks! I was able to reproduce the issue and have sent it to the team. I will follow up as soon as I know more!

5 Likes

can you send me a link to a repl where this happens as well? I’m curious :eyes: A while ago I had disk quota errors which seemed to be because nix was creating compilation files which it had to do because of some bug in how swift was packaged, and those gobbled the last of the storage available on that partition

2 Likes

I can’t because it was a bounty Repl, but I’ll invite you to a repro.

2 Likes

This has been clarified with hard limits

3 Likes