Related to tabs feature

Question:

1. I accidentally close the console tab now I don’t know how to open it please help.
  2. I also want to run files other than main.py how can I do it?

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@AbhishekGiri3

Hi @AbhishekGiri3,
Regarding your first question, next to your main.py tab, you can just click on the plus sign, scroll to console and click on it to open it up.
Secondly, your run button is linked to main.py. If you would like to just run some other code, I would suggest copying it to the main.py because the other way is linked to editing some of the Replit python files in hidden files and that will be more complicated than you need (probably).

I hope this answers your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Below the files pane there should be an array of buttons. Find the one that says console and click on it. Voila.

in .replit (might be hidden), find run "python main.py". change main.py to your python file. that will now cause the run button to run your new file.

2 Likes
  1. In Tools (either in the Toolbar, or in a new tab), find the Console option.
  2. Click three dots near files and Show hidden files, then open .replit file. Change the entrypoint variable to the file you want to run. (Alternatively, you can run a file by entering python file_name.py in the Shell.)
2 Likes