Refund cycles if Bounty is not claimed

I want to spend like $4k on a bounty but I first want to see the applicants to decide if I think they’re going to do a good job or accept my bounty.

What if I don’t find a match? Does Replit just keep my $4k?

1 Like

I believe you can now cancel your bounty, however I don’t know what happens with your cycles. I believe a transaction occurs when you set up the bounty, so the 10% that Replit takes is already gone, in which case you might get refunded the other 90%? Probably need a member of the Replit staff for confirmation.

Edit: @IanAtReplit has pointed out the documentation mentions this.

You can cancel a bounty before accepting an application. Otherwise, you will need to reach out to a moderator through the ‘Contact Support’ button under ‘Having trouble’ and provide reasoning for the bounty to be cancelled.

I mean, there’s no way I’m handing over $5k without being able to see what the response is and make a call first

Seems like an insane blocker to people with money to spend! Especially larger amounts.

Must be losing lots of biz

1 Like

Not sure about that. Replit doesn’t really release numbers, but I do know that some people are ditching hacker plan over pricing. Then again, many Replit users don’t know this place exists, so in turn they must not have seen the announcement and are still using hacker plan, giving Replit more money. Also, you were willing to hand over 5,000 for a bounty?:smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Maybe I don’t understand bounties

I need a web app

1 Like

Bounties are really simple to work with! The hardest part is probably picking a hunter, because with a 5,000 dollar job (Usually the highest people shoot for is in the 50-500 dollar range) either people will think it’s too complex and nobody joins, or people think it will be easy and you get a flood of applicants.

EDIT: @IanAtReplit found this great excerpt from the Replit docs about your problem.

From the Replit documentation:

Can I cancel a Bounty after it’s been accepted?

You can cancel a Bounty before accepting an application.

Once you’ve accepted an application to complete your Bounty, you will need to reach out to the Moderator via the “Contact Support” button under the “Having trouble?” section to request and discuss the reasoning for the Bounty to be canceled. If you need to make revisions to an accepted Bounty, we encourage you to communicate with the Hunter directly about those proposed revisions.


That makes sense. Thanks for the advice!


No problem. Also, welcome to the forums!


Hi there, we handle Bounties on a case-by-case basis. We have not had a case where a Poster with a large Bounty ($1k+) does not find a good match.

The process is to email so that we can help scope your Bounty, see if the price is right, and help match you with the correct developers.


This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.