Receiving "Blocked host" error at new deployment URL

This is my first attempt to deploy from Replit. After deploying I get and error that says “Blocked host : my-deployment-URL.replit.app”. I added the line: config.hosts << "my-deployment-URL.replit.app" (as per the error message) to my production.rb file and redeployed but I am still getting the “Blocked host” error. What am I doing wrong?

What are you trying to deploy?

A Ruby on Rails app for use by my company. It works fine on the development server except that it always says it is a popular Repl and makes us reload a few times before it continues. This is with only two people using it.

Maybe try deploying it on your own infrastructure, rather than Replit?

Is RAILS_ENV set to production?

It is now, but still getting the same error… They made it sound like you could deploy something with the click of a button, no matter what it was. And I don’t know why not since is working in development perfectly fine.

Maybe just use it in development, then?

Replit tends to exaggerate sometimes.

Hey @ianhls2!

I am sorry to hear that you’re having issues with deployments. Could you send me the link to your Repl so I can take a look?

I’d rather not have my Repl URL out there in public… Is there a way I can communicate via email instead?

You can send a private message to Shane if you’d like by clicking his profile picture and then Message/Chat if you don’t want it to be out in the public:

:man_facepalming: I swear I went to his profile and didn’t see any messaging options…

Actuall, mine doesn’t have any…

Try reading some other topics on Ask so it promotes you up a Trust Level.

1 Like

You can just email me at shane@repl.it (please include the link to this post for reference)