Raise Cash-out Fee (bounties)

(Dotn hate me for this)

Source: https://docs.replit.com/bounties/faq#am-i-able-to-cash-out-my-cycles-into-real-money

On recent topics… Replit has raised the price of certain abilities and made things more expensive. Well, I think they should raise the Cycles cash out fee to 35% (as currently it’s 25%). To be eligible you must have 35,000 cycles (made from bounties). This means if someone cashed out 35k they would get 262.5 USD. 35% would be 227.5 USD. In some way I believe raising the fee higher would be a good idea!

Now when you have bounties like these out there:

This really comes into play…

I.e:
25 fee: 1350 USD
35 fee: 1170

25: 2727 USD
35: 2363.4 USD

I bet it hurts when Replit will have to cash one of these out. I do see this won’t affect the recent updates much, but it saves Replit some money. It doesn’t have to be 35%, but I think it should be higher :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nooo, please I’ve been trying to cash out I’m not nearly high enough! In addition, these bounties tend to lay latent as the ridicioulous price means the setter expects a professional freelancer to do AI/ML with a ginormous dataset with company level specs, when in reality they will get probably a 12 year old on free plan with recently nerfed repls and “immense knowledge of Machine Learning” (They know how to use openAI API).

5 Likes

Agreed. I’d be really excited if the cash out requirement was decreased. The massive projects tend to be really specific, and have a massive time commitment involved. Getting acceped in the first place is difficult enough.

2 Likes

Yeah but this could make Replit lose a lot of money at once…

1 Like

I don’t think so but I guess it could :sob:

Well yeah it could, a bunch of people are gonna want to cash out at once as a bunch more will have access to do so. Who doesn’t want a few 100 bucks?

1 Like