Python Turtle problem

Our school devices will not load the turtle output, so we cannot use turtle. I’ve read other threads about this issue, and am pretty sure it’s a school network issue.

I have been working with our IT department and they have checked all of the information on the IT Administrator’s Toolkit (https://docs.replit.com/teams-edu/it-administrators-toolkit), but they cannot see anything that is being “blocked” when I try to run a python turtle program.

Are there some other “links” besides what is in the IT Administrator’s Toolkit that need to be unblocked to run it?

1 Like

You need to allow access to *.repl.co for VNC output (what the python turtle template uses) to work, I think (assuming that you’re using replit.com, not firewalledreplit.com)

4 Likes

Thank you. I sent your response to my IT department and they made those changes/adjustments and it worked.

If your issue is now resolved, please mark @9pfs1’s post as the solution.

Make sure WebGL is supported on a device that tries to use a VNC output. I don’t believe VNC outputs are hosted on repl.co or firewalledreplit.co, but try unblocking those and see if it works.

@youngchief was unable to use the VNC feature on a network that prevents access to *.repl.co if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

Yeah, it appears that VNC is hosted on repl.co domains. I could do more looking to confirm.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.