Python code - commands not OUTpUTTing on the console -

Question:
teh code commands do not work on python . it not reading the commands to print on the console at all

Current behavior:

Desired behavior
CAN SOME ONE COME INTO MY INVITE TO NAVIGATE THIS I AM DOING SOME BORING CLASS WORK AND THE TUTOR IS SIMPLY IGNORING ME TO TROUBLSHOOT - :frowning: AND HAS CARRIED ON WITH THE CLASS - DULL

Repl link:

https://replit.com/@isabellemcglone/LV2Jan2024#main.py

code snippet

Hey @isabellemcglone welcome to the forums!

It seems that this post is asking for answers to a school assignment. It is against Replit Ask policy for community members to request or post complete answers to homework-like questions. On the other hand, the community can assist you in working through and understanding the core fundamentals of computer programming to help you figure out your question by yourself, though.

In the console it is printing all of them, is it just not printing ”Hi!” after the input?

1 Like

Hi @isabellemcglone !
You need to enter something into the input amd click ENTER, the 'Hi' will be printed.
Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hallo team stop I am self learning I am 51 years old and not in school I assure you this - please now answer the functions to the command issues - i didnt even give you the project or theme or anything your quite assume its a code function solve this please thanks

1 Like

I did that can i sent you an invite link ?

Do you not see Hi when you press ENTER?

can you take a look throuh invite like before even saying its a school project thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@isabellemcglone sorry, I read tutor and assumed you were doing something for them.

I have to type fletcherfyi in the console

How can I help?
What is your name? (flethcerfyi)

and it should print out in the main pythin input
print(“Welcome to the NHS Triage system.”)
print(“How can I help?”)
name = input("What is your name? ")
((( Hi fletcherfyi))) - this is what it should read but it doesnt read in the command input main.python

@isabellemcglone your problem is you are never printing the variable anywhere in your code.

no . cant see read anything i have sent you an invite can you have a look and assist

i dont understand today my first day attempting - can you assist i sent you invite code -

no problems I will sent you invite code so you can see the problem that when you type any command it doesnt print on the console its just stays the same at the last number entry 5 . after 5 nothing will print

That is because you have to provide input to the program at that point, and it will wait until you do to continue.

i need this structure as you can see mine stops at point 5

@isabellemcglone You don’t have anything after line 5, try putting a print statement afterwords to see if it works.

1 Like

if it helps you can use an f-string: print(f"Hi {name}")

https://replit.com/@isabellemcglone/LV2Jan2024