Python Audio removed?

Question:

Our students are having issues using audio in replit with Python. This was working OK last week when students were creating code for this same Assignment. After searching here, I saw a post from 3 days ago that says you are removing this functionality. In that post, they recommend using audio=True, but that will not play the music files any more for us. It also said to try an older version, but I’m not sure what to run in the command prompt to do this.

The line of code I had them previously use was:
from replit import audio

The error we now see is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/runner/TameFullMacroinstruction/main.py", line 1, in <module>
    from replit import audio
ImportError: cannot import name 'audio' from 'replit' (/home/runner/TameFullMacroinstruction/.pythonlibs/lib/python3.10/site-packages/replit/__init__.py)

Last time, it was suggested we run the command from shell:

poetry add flask@">=2.0.0,<3.0.0" && poetry add replit

If you are indeed removing this, it would have been nice to receive some kind of advance notice, but I didn’t see anything anywhere until after it occurred. If I missed it on a forum post or somewhere, I apologize as I just didn’t see it, so if you can point me towards that location I can check it for future items.

Thanks!

Repl link/Link to where the bug appears:
My REPL: https://replit.com/@DarrellCobb1/TameFullMacroinstruction#main.py

Screenshots, links, or other helpful context:

code snippet
1 Like

Replit audio is now dprecated (only python turtle, pygame, other gui, etc repls have audio support).

5 Likes

Also Teams for Edu will soon be deprecated as well

It already is depreciated, it’s being completely removed soon.