Pulling into HTML repl from GitHub causes issues

Problem description:
When pulling changes from GitHub into a HTML repl, for the changes to update on the website, you must go in and modify all of the changed files (such as adding a space, or something), so that the changes register, and are updated on the website. This bug has existed for over 2 years, but I’ve finally gotten round to reporting it.

Expected behavior:
Changes update on the site with no extra steps needed.

Actual behavior:
You need to go into every changed file and make some form of change to it, so that Replit realises there is a change and updates the website.

Steps to reproduce:
Clone a repo into Replit. Make a change to this repo from outside the repl. Pull the changes into the repl. See that the website does not update. Make a small modification to the changed files. Refresh the website, see that the changes have now updated.

Bug appears at this link:

Chrome/Ubuntu/Lenovo Ideapad

1 Like

for others who stumble here


For projects with many files, the quickest workaround I’ve found for this is to move all files into a folder and back:

  1. Click “New Folder” to create a dummy folder, named !
  2. Click ⋮ > Show hidden files in the sidebar
  3. Click on the scrollbar next to the Files section of the sidebar, and hit end
  4. Double-click on the lowermost file (other than the “Config files”), and hit home
  5. shift-click on the uppermost file that you want to move
  6. Drag the selected files onto the newly created folder
  7. Click on the uppermost file in this folder and hit end
  8. shift-click on the lowermost file in this folder
  9. Drag the selection down into the “Config files” section to move it back to the root folder

Maybe Selenium could be used to automate this