Program-Run-Page

Describe your feature request
Basically, the ability to have your cover page be the console or output from your program, kinda like Scratch. I figure that since we already have the ability(and thus you have the code) to run programs (that you have a copy of) that you could just copy-paste that functionality to the cover page and let people skip the step of needing to fork the program.
What problem(s) would this feature solve?
A lack of ability to share, not just the code for a program but the program itself. Needing to fork it to run the program yourself, which takes extra time and also makes it tedious for testers of programs to need to fork it every time I fix a bug or add a feature.
Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
I was trying to port a game I’d made in CodeHS(a crappy (prone to randomly stopping your program) online IDE+compiler for schools) to Replit so that my friends could try it out without dealing with CodeHS’s extensive problems, however, it turns out that you need to be the ‘owner’ of the program to run it.

Replit recently removed the Run button, so they are unlikely to ever bring it back…

3 Likes

Yep. Just to clarify for @DominicDurkacs who seems to be new to Replit, the site used to have this feature but recently removed it. Since Replit is the best IDE in the market, the owners will make more money if you remove good features but still be the best, which is what they are doing :slight_smile:

This used to be a feature, so I doubt they’d add it back if they just took all that work to remove it.

2 Likes

One would wonder why they would take the effort to remove it in the first place :expressionless:

2 Likes