Problems while switching between apps

Problem description:
when i switch between apps in the ipad app, the app reloads and does not open the files that were previously open.

Expected behavior:
I would expect the app to leave the files that were open every time i switch between apps.

Actual behavior:

when i switch between apps in the ipad app, the app reloads and does not open the files that were previously open.

Steps to reproduce:

Bug appears at this link:

Browser:
Device (Android, iOS, NA leave blank):
Desktop app version (Avatar menu->“Version”) or NA:
Plan (Free, Replit Core):

Hi @jeosantos2005, welcome to the forums!

The wording here is a bit confusing, do you mean any app on your iPad as an app? Or are you talking about a Replit application that you have made?

Under both of these circumstances, I would recommend trying to restart your iPad or try to update the app. If both of these methods don’t work, you can contact a Replit Staff member.

Hello, I am refering to:

-I am using replit;
-a switch to another app to check something;
-when I switch back to replit, it tries to load the project again, and to make the situation worse, it does not reopen the files i was working on.

Sorry for the bad explaination and thanks for the help!

PS: I have restarted the iPad and replit is in the latest version.

Thanks for the info. However, when you say:

Do you mean that the files are gone and you have to restart the code? If so, this is definitely a bug that I will inform the Replit staff members about. If not, can you please tell me?

They just mean the fact that it closes what they had open. It’s not that any data is lost, it’s just closed visually and has to be opened again.

Oh, so it’s kind of a feature request? Typically when you switch apps the app has to reload, right, so it isn’t much of a bug?

1 Like