POLL: Have you created a interpreter, programming language, or implementation of one?

Well now I love this lang.

1 Like

Guys I DID IT
I successfully made my first interpreter using python
And it is being completed within hours

Fun fact, it is 1am in the morning the sky still black my eye is tired I got school 7am later this gonna go sleep

the COW language (not chicken)

I feel like dying inside, the development went to the complete opposite I’m not using any classes gladly

3 Likes

@QwertyQwerty88 currently am, it’s in python rn so i can be max productive but planning to move it to nim

Do you know nim? It should be around as productive as python, once you know it.

Why did you ping me? Did you mean to ping @prisems?

1 Like

That was 23+ years ago for my phd. I had to build my own dataflow compatible c-like language with compiler and alike. Impossible to share a link and useless since there is no computer running on my processors. But would be fun to build an emulator for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since everyone is now replying, yes, and it is jumplang, as most know.

1 Like

yes, idk y it pinged u

I’ve made many.
The most complete one is my javascript interpreter https://replit.com/@CSharpIsGud/IodineJS which I was originally making for a browser engine I was making from scratch, but html was too much of a pain to render.
I was also working on a custom language that compiled to brainf but I’m rewriting that one in rust.

2 Likes

I coded a Brainfuck interpreter in c++ as a starter project. Me be like: Hmmmm ima learn some c++ for the first time, lets start by a very complicated thing :smiley:

/āļž/ This is a comment.

/āļž This
is
a
multi-line
comment.
āļž/

āļžSTRING sussy_string = "āļž"

/āļž all non var declarations are decalared by āļžWRAPPING_ITāļž āļž/

āļžFUNCāļž SUSSY_FUNC(āļžSTRING sussy_param) {
    āļžECHOāļž sussy_param
}

āļžCLASSāļž SUSSY_CLASS {
    āļžFUNCāļž __INIT__(āļžSELF, āļžSTRING sussy_lolsus) {
        āļžSTRING SELF.sussy_lolsus = sussy_lolsus
    }
}

/āļž/ try/except
āļžDO_TASKāļž {
    āļžECHOāļž
} 

āļžSABOTAGEāļž āļžSTRING sussy_error {
    āļžECHOāļž "There was an error: " + sussy_error
}

āļžFORāļž (āļžINT sussy_amogus=0, sussy_amogus < 10, sussy_amogus++) {
    āļžIFāļž (sussy_amogus % 2) {
        SUSSY_FUNC(sussy_string + sussy_amogus)
    }
}

āļžWHILEāļž (āļžINT sussy_int < 69) {
    sussy_int++
    SUSSY_FUNC(sussy_int)
}

2 Likes

I am very good comfortable with Python, and just begining to learn Nim. I know some things in Nim because of how similar Nim is to Python, but I’m still more comfortable using Python.

1 Like