Plans for the poor

IIRC you can cash out cycles, albeit with a sizable portion taken out.

1 Like

Yes but not all cycles are elagable to be cashed out. Only ones from bounties and tips are. Others from like game jams can not be cashed out

4 Likes

I agree there should be another way to get cycles, but I don’t think ads are necessarily a good idea…

Could there be a feature to gain cycles based on your use of Replit? Like 100 cycles if you do <something>, <a # amount> for however long you’re on Replit (a year for instance)? A certain amount if you find an exploit in Replit (IDK if this is possible though) and then tell the staff, some cycles if you make a very useful template, etc. It would make Replit more exciting and create a nice atmosphere on top of what it already is.

4 Likes

Bigminiboss finds these and reports them.

2 Likes

You can cash out tips? I thought we were told before that we couldn’t?

2 Likes

I’ve said this before: If all Replit users paid 1 dollar a month, everything would be easier.

1 Like

And Replit would instantly lose like at least 75% of users

The day Replit MAKES us pay for something is the day the site gets annihilated.

2 Likes

My friends just had the best idea: If you give feedback for bugs, you could get a small amount of cycles. Another idea is that you could get cycles for the first time you do something or completing an “achievement”, for example, “make your first python project” or “Make your first community post” or “publish something”. (edit: you could get it for completing badges and stuff like that")

1 Like

I do not mind paying but I understand if most will or cannot. What I would like to see is that if I pay for x CPU, I get x CPU and not x related to the server load as now. It is not so important at the moment, but I was about to deploy part of an MVP on replit and stopped because of that.

Yeah good idea. This would be a good feature

1 Like

It would only be a small amount and to make up for it replit could have something like toggle-able ads, or, you could just have the toggle-able ads and get some cycles for using that.

It does not have to be my idea, I just think there should be a way for people that don’t have a resume or lots of coding experience to earn free cycles.

1 Like

You cannot cash out cycles from tips, you can only cash out cycles earnt from bounties. Personally, I think you should be able to cash out tips :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I promise to do my best even though I’d say @LuisAFK is better than me

2 Likes
1 Like

Yeah, I know, I saw that, I disagree though :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sorry, but I disagree even though I’m poor

2 Likes

There is a way to earn cycles is by solving other peoples doubts or question’s and get at least 100 cycles for them

1 Like

If there are enough people on pro, another idea is to add cycles to the pro (or make a pro+ with more perks for it) that can only be used for ONLY tipping (and accumulate for a few months as I would expect people paying for pro to have less time to browse around every month)

I would welcome it and share tips even if I would need to upgrade to a pro+ (with some more perks in it of course)

3 Likes