Package Installation Error

Hello! I get an error every time I try to install a package on replit. I tried to install pgzero from the sidebar Packages sections. I also tried to install it in the shell by writing pip install pgzero
When I run the project I get the following error as shown in the image bellow. Any idea how could I fix it?

I don’t have an answer for you, but chiming in to say that I’m experiencing the same issue since yesterday. Packages that I could install two days ago are no longer working. I tried using the package installer, pip, sudo, and poetry to install packages but keep getting the same error you are. :unamused:

It looks like a lot of people are having the same issue, including me. For me, I installed it manually using pip and then just ignored the error messages in the console because the error messages seem to be part of the internal package manager configuration, so it’s okay to ignore them (clearing the console at the start of the repl helps to hide the error messages). I submitted a bug report on this

You can also try pip install poetry in the Shell to see if that works for you.

1 Like