Output not running the correct code

**Bug description:Running a turtle script that’s supposed give a circle as an output, gave a square.

**Expected vs Current Behavior:Running a turtle script that’s supposed give a circle as an output, gave a square.

**Steps to reproduce:Made a turtle script to make a square first, the output then made a square. Next I duplicated this file to make one for a circle and changed the name of that script. I close down the rectangle script, keep the circle script open and ran it. Output was a square, see screenshot. (I am following a training course on Python - Turtle)

Bug appears at this link: https://replit.com/@VincentMortier/IntroPyTurtle

**Screenshot(s)/Screen Recording:

Browser/OS/Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@VincentMortier

1 Like

It seems that you are attempting to run a file other than main.py but you haven’t modified the entrypoint in your .replit config file to run that file introcircle.py

The square you are seeing in the output window is still from main.py not from introcircle.py

entrypoint = "introcircle.py"
modules = ["python-3.10:v18-20230807-322e88b"]

hidden = [".pythonlibs"]

[nix]
channel = "stable-23_05"

just change entrypoint = "main.py"
to entrypoint = "introcircle.py"

or to the name of whatever file you want to run.

If you would prefer you could just copy your code from introcircle.py and paste it into main.py, overwriting anything that already exists there, and then you won’t have to bother with the config file.

You’ll still be able to retrieve whatever you already had in main.py by just reverting back to a previous point in its history.

Another method I use is to just always write everything in main.py. Whenever I need to make a drastic change but don’t want to lose what I already have, I’ll just make a duplicate copy of main.py before I make any changes. That way you still instantly see the changes you’ve made and also have the previous version on hand in a copy.

Here is the docs page for configuring your .replit config file

This post from yesterday may be able to help too.

1 Like