Outbound Data Transfer and Selenium

Hello,
I have a Repl that uses Selenium to get some information on a web site and provides a Flask web site with logs.
The Outbound Data Transfer is growing at around 2GB per day and I don’t understand why…

Is there a way to monitor how the outbound data transfer comes from ?
Is the Output Window where I can see Selenium Chrome driver using output data transfer ?

Thanks

1 Like

Go to Account → Scroll down to Resource Usage. Hover on the bar and look for your Repl.

1 Like

Yes, I have checked that and I’ve seen that it is gorwing very quickly and i don’t understand why …
Is there a way to check what’s happening by shell tools or python code ?

1 Like

As far as I know, there currently isn’t any way to check egress by the Shell.

Also…

growing* lol

2 Likes

Well, a webserver + selenium would be very network intensive, so ig it is in the design of your programming.

2 Likes

It’s probably the output tab, since the VNC server is running on the Repl and therefore still counts as egress.

2 Likes

Yes, I understand it should be in my programming but I have two different repl that work but one is very network intensive.
I start a Selenium Chrome, get a website and close the Chrome.
But even if i don’t have the Repl opened in my browser (or with Output closed), it still takes too much output. I have tried to kill all Xvnc or Chrome processes, my Repl is still using bandwidth …
I really don’t know what to do

2 Likes

Is there any particular reason to use selenium? I always found it overly resource intensive, and unless you are constantly scraping new websites/need the JS functionality, requests should be able to do it all, with enough monitoring of the website.

1 Like

Yes, the scraping doesn’t work with requests… I need to open the website and wait a bit to have a good result… Selenium works great but requests doesn’t get the good result.

In fact I have found that Selenium is using ressources but not that much and my issue seems to happen when i open some big log files … that’s strange but I know how to avoid using outbound transfer … Never happened before …

2 Likes