Outage: readonly filesystems, connection failures, and other errors

Hey all - we have identified an issue that has caused some Repls to have their file system go read-only. We are currently investigating and recovering. Please keep an eye on the status page for more updates.

9 Likes

would be nice if it would allow me to just download the files separately, but nooo, I only can view 5/8 of the files.

1 Like

Forked repl does not work

2 Likes

Yep, I do not have all the details but forking a Repl or working with any of the impacted file systems is probably going to fail right now. We’ll be aiming for an update on the status page every 30 minutes regardless of what progress we make.

Thanks for the patience y’all :smile_cat:

5 Likes

thanks for working on the issue so fast.

1 Like

So replit is going to fix it on their end. I’d say just wait till tomorrow instead of trying to fix it yourself.
If you are curious, the best info I could find on this is here but I’m not really sure:

Also, @Firepup650, can you change the topic title and tags to be more helpful?

2 Likes

That’s probably not related, it’s a Replit-specific issue.

2 Likes

Is there a way for me to confirm that my error is related to this read-only issue?

I’m getting the following error, however I’m able to edit most files still.

2 Likes

Yes, that is the same issue.

4 Likes

The issue appears to be something to do with important files becoming read only, preventing writing operations which is causing errors.

4 Likes

Not just important files, just any random files or directories I think. But usually important files.

3 Likes

Read operations are also failing, so maybe Replit’s network block device thing is dead.

3 Likes

I wonder if this is specific to certain users (e.g. free users)

What replit plan does your account use?
  • Free
  • Hacker
  • Pro
0 voters

(Please don’t vote if you’re not having issues)

1 Like

yeah it hit my main file, my file containing a load of functions, and the main debug file.

2 Likes

If you run kill 1, does it affect more files after?

1 Like

I believe the hacker plan uses a different cluster, and so probably the pro plan does as well, so it is definitely possible the issues are only occuring on one cluster. That said, looking at your poll, it seems like this is a global issue. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m on Hacker and seems like I’m having the issue. :frowning:

4 Likes

no, it does not affect other files after running kill 1

2 Likes

Did it resolve itself?

1 Like

help me i got error allways in the console im in day 1

1 Like