Outage: readonly filesystems, connection failures, and other errors

So from what I can gather, today replit has been having a ton of server problems causing IO errors and repls not loading. Especially, the .replit file is not readable.
The repls experiencing the problem are all repls (because .replit file), though the specific file corrupted seems arbitrary. Some older repls are affected.
In the files tab, there’ll be an error message in place of the file or folder contents. A while ago I looked into this problem for the site-packages folder, I couldn’t even delete or rename it.
No known solutions for users.
Related topics (some closed):

Input/output error (+ModuleNotFoundError)

Repl not loading

2 Likes

@Firepup650 These might be a bunch of potential duplicates

1 Like

done but doesn’t work

1 Like

Does the repl fail to start now?

1 Like

Most of those are closed into this, I’ll review the rest.

2 Likes

We are having the same issue. Some of our team repls are affected some are not. Please help.

2 Likes

Just checked, they seem to be the same bug. Closed and linked to here.

1 Like

we are in the same boat

1 Like

Seriously, Replit has become a quagmire that must be gotten out of

4 Likes

the heart broken is that i can’t also download it so i can’t run :smiley: that’s sad

2 Likes

so we just have to wait?

1 Like

it doesnt affect my repl that isnt nix based

2 Likes

Downloading repls requires a working repl (the program used to download repls actually runs inside of the repl you download), so it won’t work, unfortunately.

2 Likes

The Replit team has been notified of this issue, hopefully they’ll be able to resolve it quickly :smile:

4 Likes

100% agree.

For the discussion, can I assume that my issues are related to what all these others are experiencing?

Left to go eat dinner, came back, hit Run to test out what I had done before stepping away, and now I get this:

2 Likes

Try running kill 1 in the shell.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this does not really do anything to fix the issue.

1 Like

Yep, my replit seems to be

broken because of a IO ERROR
Shell and such is dead for now, i used firefox developer tools (inspect element) to remove it but i cannot interact with the shell for now

https://replit.com/@AGuyThatLikesFurrys/Hecker-Discord-bots

3 Likes

Tried this. Just reboots the repl and the error persists.

1 Like

Does forking fail, or does the forked repl just not work?

1 Like