OS on Replit (Qemu)

Hello, and thanks for your help in advance. So, I’ve been trying to make a operating system out of ASM, but have run into the problem of running the code. No, there’s no template for ASM (I’ve already checked). But to the point, I need Qemu and ASM to run the code, but Qemu isn’t a package? It looks like it worked a few years ago on this Replit Talk Page but I can’t seem to get it to work, I’ve even forked that Repl on the page. I’ve tried installing the packages from Nix, made it a dependency in replit.nix. I’m not sure on what to do next.

I have a repl set up for RISC-V OS development, and I use QEMU. It works just fine.

Here is what I have in my replit.nix:

{ pkgs }: {
	deps = [
		pkgs.gcc
		pkgs.ccls
		pkgs.gdb
		pkgs.gnumake
    pkgs.qemu
    pkgs.pkgsCross.riscv64.buildPackages.binutils
    pkgs.pkgsCross.riscv64.buildPackages.gcc
	];
}

I’d wager you don’t need my riscv stuff but the key is “pkgs.qemu”. Oh, and it may also have something to do with the nix channel. The following appears in my .replit file:

[nix]
channel = "stable-22_11"

Though I did not make that entry. It’s just what the current one from the C repl had when I made the project originally.

2 Likes

Thanks, it doesn’t give any errors. But how do I run Qemu?

Nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.