Openai not working

Hi, I am trying to run an App that uses openai and I keep getting this error message:
ERROR: Could not install packages due to an OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/nix/store/nki9ywqzbvz68vr75kn2r7g1q84f5agy-python3-3.9.6/lib/python3.9/site-packages/multidict’
Consider using the --user option or check the permissions.

WARNING: You are using pip version 21.1.3; however, version 23.1.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the ‘/nix/store/nki9ywqzbvz68vr75kn2r7g1q84f5agy-python3-3.9.6/bin/python3.9 -m pip install --upgrade pip’ command.

I tried the pip install, the pip install --user openai and I keep getting the same message. Please help!

1 Like

interesting… could you try doing poetry add openai or making a new repl and doing poetry add openai/pip install openai

4 Likes

Or, if you’d like to not have to switch repls, try this in shell:

source venv/bin/activate && pip install openai
1 Like

interesting what is that? source venv thing

I don’t actually know, but I had an issue a while back (you can ask YC) that threw an error that looked a lot like this one, so I figure I might as well suggest it, as it did resolve mine.

1 Like

tks! Working now! The poetry saved the day

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.