Not letting Me to Buy Cycles

I am trying to buy more Cycles today and have tried 4 different debit. All have declined? Can someone look at this issue, I want to put up a bounty on a project.

1 Like

Do you get an error or something like that? What does the error say?

1 Like

It is just saying debit card declined, I even used a card of my wife to see. Still just declining… It was working yesterday…

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 2.48.41 PM

1 Like

Huh. Can you try it on a different device and wifi? Perhaps (on a different device and wifi) try buying a few [cycles] on a different account to test?

This would give a bit more info on what’s happening.

1 Like

I created a new account and the payment went through? Very weird, tried on this account again and nothing. I only bought 1.50 on the account… Not sure what is the issue is there something with my account like a blacklist?

1 Like

I don’t think so. If you were able to buy Cycles on a new account, you are not blacklisted. A temporary solution is to put up a bounty on that new account, and in the bounty, inform the users to contact your main account.

I cannot help you further because I am not a staff member, so you may have to wait for one to arrive. (I can try to answer your questions, though).

1 Like

This is crazy!! How can I contact someone from replit, I literally have 51,000 cycles that I wanted to add 25,0000 more too… This issue is very strange. Hopefully someone from the replit team can see this. Does anyone know if I can contact someone…

2 Likes

Oh, that is definitely a problem. Try contact@replit.com, that is the support email for Replit. Hopefully, your problem gets solved.

1 Like

I will do, thank you very much

2 Likes

This issue has been fixed by reaching out to team

2 Likes

It could be our payment processor rules for Stripe that’s causing this, we have rate limits if you attempt payment too frequently.

3 Likes

Why would you limit your users’ ability to pay you lol

Most likely because they don’t want people to spam fake payments.

4 Likes

And how do you fake payments? If someone figures out how to do that then it’s free money

2 Likes

lol as in using what should be a valid credit card number (which is recreatable) and CVV (which is not)
it would spam its servers or something

1 Like

Just my guess, I don’t have any inside intel on this. It is probably a safety feature to make it harder for people who try to do payment scams.

If payment site restricts how many payments can be made in some period of time it make it slower to abuse stolen credit card information.

Or it just might be a bug who knows. :space_invader:

2 Likes