No way to switch AI models when quota is reached

Problem description:
It says that my Quota will recharge, and since I am a Core user, I should be able to unlimited access to the base AI, but there is no way to switch to that.
Screenshot 2023-12-18 172617

Expected behavior:
I can switch to the basic model if I want to even the my advanced model quota has been used up.

Actual behavior:
I cannot switch to the base model.

Steps to reproduce:
Go to Replit AI and if your quota is out (for the advanced model) you’ll see no way to switch between models.

Browser: Microsoft Edge
Device (Android, iOS, NA leave blank): N/A
Desktop app version (Avatar menu->“Version”) or NA: N/A
Plan (Free, Replit Core): Core

1 Like

I would test this but I dont want to use my entire quota. I have pinged Replit staff

Thank you! Also, it is replit-editor b/c there is no way to switch models.

Do you get this error on all your repls?

So my quota was recharged, but hours after the time it said it would, and there is now a way to switch models, but when you run out of quota, as a core user, I still should I have the option to switch models when my advanced model quota is gone.

1 Like

Make a feature request if this is not a bug.

95% sure it’s a bug. (two of them at that)

Just updated. It looks like one bug at this point, and it will probably happen again. So simple, yet so annoying. I just want to switch between models when my quota is gone.

1 Like

It’s a known bug that we’re hoping to address soon. We’re in a code freeze for the holidays but the team is aware.

As a temporary workaround, in the User Settings, you can turn off the Advanced Model which will let you use the basic model again in an unlimited fashion. Let me know if the workaround still works:

1 Like