Nix error and I don't know how to resolve it

Try removing pkgs.pip install pytest from your replit.nix file. Then, if you need pytest, run pip install pytest in the Shell tab.

2 Likes

to access the replit.nix file you need to click ⋮ > Show hidden files in the sidebar.
In future, ensure that you don’t try to edit code while the cursor is focused on the Shell (it’ll be filled).

3 Likes

Thank you, for you suggestion , But it doesn’t work, However, I tried tips from @IanAtCSTeach which was shared above, and It’s Worked

1 Like

This is a basic fix that may work for you. Create a new repl. I had the same kind of nix fail message when trying to run a basic python program, print (“Hello World”). I created a new repl and copied over a few of my basic files and it works.

I tried copying the repl from the newly created working repl but it did not work. Not sure what truly happened here but it would be nice to find out.

I am having the nix error in the beginning of the line, tried most and every possible solution ./nix/store/zqk3m21442kvpjwd3rh41wdavqkzkyik-python3-wrapper/bin/python3 $file

https://replit.com/@FiosRoger/HelloWorldpy#ProgrammingProject1.py

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nix errors - Input/output issues

A post was split to a new topic: Error: syntax error, unexpected ‘=’