Newb Q: Finished 100 days of Python... What next?

I just finished the 100 Days of Python course.

I’m interested in web apps & learning to write better python code. Where should I go next to learn more about these?

TY

2 Likes

Hey @SteveMallett welcome to the forums!

Have you learned HTML, CSS, JS yet? If not FreeCodeCamp.org has some good tutorials for web making (and coding in general).

After learning Python I would recommend learning JavaScript (to enhance you web making ability) if you have learned HTML and CSS. If you haven’t learned HTML and CSS learn it. After that you can pick basically any language you want (that’s what I did, I am currently learning C++).

2 Likes

As @SalladShooter said, learning HTML/CSS/JS would be a great idea to enhance your “programming toolbelt”. Another path is to create your own stuff in Python, such as a game you want to make. Example include an RPG, a recreation of a game (such as pokemon), or anything of your liking. The battery life of your computer is the limit!

3 Likes

Hey @SteveMallett !
If you go to the Learn page (where you found 100 Days of Code), you’ll find a tutorial on making a website, and a JavaScript tutorial.
You should do both because they’re really important for Web dev!
Like @SalladShooter said, FreeCodeCamp is great, and I recommend you do the Responsive Web Design course (I’m also doing that). It touches on HTML and CSS.

3 Likes