New Search Feature?

I think it would be cool if the searchbar on Replit’s homepage could have a new feature. Right now, if you search you can choose from different categories to view the search results from. Maybe you could add Replit AI as one of them? Like, when you search it is treated as a question to the AI.

This could help people answer their questions faster.

5 Likes

i believe that replit ai was intended to help you produce code, and you can do so in the repl (and that also gives it code context).

6 Likes

Why not just use it in a Repl?

2 Likes

@boston2029 @python660

You could… but it would be faster.

It can also code edit, give you ideas, etc

1 Like

No, if you want it to edit your code, use it in the Repl.

2 Likes

For what? If you need code help then use it in your Repl. If your code isn’t in a Repl, then don’t use Replit’s AI!!! The main advantage of Replit AI, imo, is that it can read your code files. If you want to use it for general purposes, then use a way more reliable AI bot, not…Replit AI GPT-3 type bot.

2 Likes

Please do not @ us if you’re replying to/quoting us.

2 Likes

Or, perhaps, you want to learn a new concept in programming, but you don’t know how to start.

2 Likes

ChatGPT. Bing. Phind. Perplexity…even Google! You can learn new things just with Google. Idk why you guys want to use Replit’s goofy chatbot for general purposes

Back in my day, you “learned new concepts” in books :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

It’s just a feature. It could be cool. I don’t see why you’re making it such a big deal.

3 Likes

Cuz ChatGPT. Doesn’t Replit want to be or look revolutionary? And adding a mid-level model to mimic the behavior of Bing, Phind, and the like is gonna help with that?

2 Likes

The advantage of replit having its own AI in the homepage is that the AI can be trained specifically for replit.
For example, the current repl editor AI has a question mode type called Ask replit.com, which would be the best fit for a homepage AI.
The AI can be trained on the replit docs (although a lot of it is still outdated), and the ask forums, while other AI like browser AI and ChatGPT might have a harder time giving replit advice.

Don’t a lot of people on this forum ask stuff like how to restore a deleted repl?

6 Likes

Okay now this is an actually decent use case. Because that actually is an option in AI, so having it on the homepage would be kinda like a support chatbot, but powered by their own AI (revolutionary + reliable since it’s made by a programming company)

1 Like