New “Scheduled” Deployment!

What is this new deployment titled “scheduled”?

4 Likes

Seems to run on the same concept as Github Actions where they exacute every x amount of time. Good for lets say a bot that posts something in a discord server every day at a set time.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s pretty awesome for web automation that I do. Thank you Replit Staff :clap:

3 Likes

@not-ethan we need a new tag then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

is it equivalent to a cron job, or are there any differences? What about the time accuracy of said cron job?

2 Likes

I already tried. I havnt made one I forgot how to (with all the tag groups and stuff) and dont have time to look on meta for how to rn.

Its a cron job. I dont know about the acuracy.

2 Likes

There’s now replit-scheduled. Shouldn’t it be scheduler?

2 Likes

If you believe that Ethan can make a tag without a typo, I’m afraid you’re gravely mistaken. :laughing:
(I’m just assuming it’s Ethan because 1. the typo and 2. I don’t think staff usually makes tags)

7 Likes

No its scheduled, @not-ethan is right. My bad.

5 Likes

made a separate topic for Q&A:

5 Likes

Is it not yet available to all Replit users?
Seems like I’m not in the right bucket…

3 Likes

Perhaps enable explorer in Accounts > roles?

3 Likes

Would they add it to the docs if it’s explorer-only, though? I don’t think they usually do that.

4 Likes

Why add more when the old doesn’t work half of the time? I say that from looking at the Forums and seeing that lots and lots of people are/were having issues.

5 Likes

Undeniably true. I get better load times with GitHub Pages and Vercel

3 Likes

Does vercel support python hosting?

3 Likes

Yeah but it’s serverless so it can’t store stuff. It’s like flask

2 Likes

To calculate the (approximate) cost of a Scheduler deployment monthly:

$0.000024 * active time (seconds) * frequency (times per day) * 30 + $0.10

For example, a program that runs once an hour for 2 minutes each time would cost about $2.17 a month (that’s included in the $8 of flexible credits for Pro users!).
For reference, that’s practically like buying a 7 ounce bag of Life Savers Candy once a month — not too bad, right? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So you can host bots that will run 24/7 for free?

1 Like

No, it’s like Autoscale basically. For bots there are some free platforms but I don’t need them too much

2 Likes