New replit.dev links

FYI, this doesn’t seem to be the format

1 Like

Oh, that actually makes more sense that you don’t get vanity URLs. It’s kinda like previewing a deployment in Netlify before actually…“doing” it, I guess?

Where’s that screenshot from btw?

2 Likes

Tried to open my Flask app in a new tab, got that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So they’re already getting it into motion, huh?

1 Like

Worked when I forked your Repl, too.

OoOoOoOoOoOoh, fancy!

Seems to happen with any Flask or Express server, but not Static pages. :thinking:

(I also don’t understand the random name thing that resembles a username. Why do they need one if there’s already all of…that other stuff?)

2 Likes

https://ddd53049-7b77-4087-ad26-32b30bcd4a39-00-33x7r25b5alx0.hacker.replit.dev/

My static personal website.

SADDD!! Happens when I create a new Repl, just not my current ones.

My old dynamic/server-side Repls are still working though!!! :face_holding_back_tears:

(plz don’t tell Replit)

1 Like

Well, yeah, it’s not January first yet.

1 Like

Well if they were waiting until then, then they wouldn’t have touched anything yet, right?

I mean, as long as my latest project will stay up until December 27, I’m probably good.

1 Like

I thought we had 13 days… :sob:

We do. repl.co links still work.

Yeah I guess. Oh, I just tried using repl.co format on the static Repl I made earlier, and it DOES work:

Plus, since they’ve already set it in motion, it’s almost like we don’t. Which, I get it that they can’t make the changes on New Year’s Day, 12:00 AM, precisely as they said, all at once, but still. I mean, just a little closer to the deadline, Replit? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HOW DOES IT WORK? WHY CAN I VISIT IT?

Maybe that’s actually how they’ll work now? :open_mouth:

@QwertyQwerty88 Like, that the static page works all the time even though you’re not in the editor.

Oh I didn’t think about that. Yeah I’m not in the editor right now. Maybe a bug?

1 Like

sshh don’t give the ops any ideas

Odd, I’m using it on a phone but I don’t get that url when going to https://chat.qwertyqwerty88.repl.co/. I see the actual repl.co url and the website seems to be working, buuuut:
@QwertyQwerty88
After login:

Whoops!

Well yeah it’s not going to automatically redirect?

1 Like

How come @boston2029 got the ip url then?
As In the string of numbers and letters, and got the not running page?