New Language Choice

I’ve learned Python, HTML, and CSS. I want to learn something outside of webpages (sorry JS!). I don’t know what to choose, though. I am open to suggestions (as long as it is not Java!). What language should I learn?

1 Like

I think something cool to learn would be C… Just because it sucks.

actually? or is this a joke? :expressionless:

Yeah for an actual one, I would say learn bash.

1 Like

If you want to make games and you plan to use a game engine, you may want to learn C++ for Unreal Engine, C# for Unity, and GodotScript for Godot.

If you are more interested in data science, you can learn advanced Python, or find a new language to learn like Julia.

3 Likes

I would say C++ though it’s a bit of a jump. After that maybe C# or you can learn Lua as I hear it’s easily embedded into C++ apps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Um, is Julia a person or a language?

1 Like

Brainfrick. Learn brainfrick :slight_smile:

1 Like

are you kidding me:
“Brainf*** is an esoteric programming language created in 1993 by Urban Müller. Notable for its extreme minimalism, the language consists of only eight simple commands, a data pointer and an instruction pointer. While it is fully Turing complete, it is not intended for practical use, but to challenge and amuse programmers. Brainf*** requires one to break commands into microscopic steps.” - Wikipedia.

It actually has many appliances and can land you a fortune 500 tech job!

1 Like

what is fortune 500? Forgive me for my stupdity

2 Likes

500 of the wealthiest companies as listed by finance magazine Forbes.

1 Like

Depends for what reason.
Professionally go with C if doing gaming, embedded one kernels is what you want.
Go and rust are also a good choice as long as embedded is not of interest.
For fun you could look at NIM, elm.
So it truly depends on why.

1 Like

Julia is a nice language but again … depends for what. Fun, learn something for a profession, specific project, etc

1 Like

I was going to say java before i read:
(as long as it is not Java!)

1 Like

I recommend C++ or if you are interested in iOS: Swift.

1 Like

you should learn ruby :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Python is the starter for most people. It can run business and it used widely throughout the programming industry, even in websites, believe it or not.

1 Like

You do realize they already learned Python, right?

2 Likes

:expressionless:Sucks teeth Okay then.

1 Like