New address bar on Webview tab

Bug description:
There seems to be a new Webview toolbar that isn’t working quite right. I only noticed this on my teacher account workspace, not any of my student’s workspaces. The URL box just shows “Loading your page” and never loads the URL. There’s also a new button to “Open in new tab” (works as expected), but the button is missing to open the developer tools.

Screenshot(s)/Screen Recording:

Browser/OS/Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/116.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@TimothyKeenan

1 Like

That was there, even in the old version.

Huh, that’s odd…

Yeah, sorry, should have clarified. The “New Tab” button just looks different now. Instead of only the small icon, it looks like an actual button now with the text “New tab” (as shown in the screenshot).

Hey @TimothyKeenan!

Would you mind sharing the link to your Repl so I can take a look?

Is this on the desktop app? I know this bug happens there.

@ShaneAtReplit and @QwertyQwerty88 Not the desktop app, web version in Chrome. Here’s a link to one of my class exercises (not sure if you’ll be able to open it). I use firewalledreplit.com in my class, but when I open this exercise in regular replit.com, the Webview toolbar looks normal. So I guess it’s an issue on firewalledreplit.com, but not replit.com.

https://firewalledreplit.com/@wcpi23-24/Exercise-6-3-Element-Positions

Thank you for the info! We are aware of this issue and are working on this internally. I will follow up once I have an update on the issue.

1 Like

hi Shane, i currently have the same issue. it only started about an hour ago. my flask app run smoothly until then

Not sure if this is related, but my WebView address bar is as of recently only displaying a slash, rather than the expected full address ( e.g. project.username.repl.co ) The missing address negatively affects students’ ability to properly understand the public nature / context of their work. Please fix!

It does not specify the full address, but only /, since on January 1 next year, Replit plans to do repl.co domains are accessible only if someone is in the editor. This means that it will be impossible to share such links with anyone, therefore it will not be necessary to show them in webview.

1 Like

Thanks @KAlexK , I appreciate the explanation.

Hey all!

We have recently released a fix for the URL of the webview infinitely loading when in firewalled Replit. If you are still having issues please do let us know!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.