N8N.io - stuck on old version

Hey, so I’m trying to install N8N using the Packages - but for some reason the only version of my replit will run is 0.201.0 - the current version is 1.21.1.

I’ve done obvious stuff, like tried installing via bash.

Its weird because there a template for installing which too defaults to an earlier version - and people have commented on having issues updating also.

Replit uses nix to manage System Dependencies for users.
You can search for your package on NixOS Search or on the System Dependencies tool. The important part here is what nix channel is being used by your repl. Older nix channels such as 23.05 and 22.11 will not have the recent versions for your package.

Click three dots and Show hidden files, then open .replit file. Under [nix], change channel to "unstable" or "stable-23_11". (I think searching for packages won’t work with the latter.) Then open System Dependencies and install n8n if it is not installed already. This will be version 1.9.3 for n8n.

@NuclearPasta0 - this is some very good direction for newbie. Thank you.
Is replit-editor that right thread to ask about this?

I’m kind of stuck on something else -
seting up the environment variables- such as webhook url, db ssl, smpt etc.

My abilities is like basic javascript, chatgpt…

I want to do these environment variables via secrets - and create a Set environment variables using a file

However, I’m only doing this to avoid having a ‘main’ index.js file - as i’m am not confident I know what I’m doing and starting the server with a bash command "n8n start’ is convient.

Something just happened to the UI when i was editing environment variables - I was prompted with ‘mysecrets’ thing and a swirling blue icon, i was also shown a code snippet with an insert button.

You can’t do that. You have to use Secrets, which is why you got this:

Thank you. I have solved the problem - I was using a depreciated name for my variable.

I’m still having some issues with this on the deployment side. I don’t, at this point, want to deploy this as a reserved VM - using autoscale the deployment times out.

I think the solution is to use a flask/express server - but I’d appreciate some direction.

https://replit.com/@Kancel-Kultcha/Loist-N8N

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.