My repl keeps stopping after a while. I tried using uptimerobot and no use

I hosted a repl with some code in lox.karcot.com

My repl serves (flask) the relevant pages after pressing the run button. However it stops after an hour. I don’t know how to keep it alive or make it restart when someone makes a request. Here is my REPL:
https://replit.com/@KarthikArcot/cpplox

What do you mean by “stops”, even the paid keep-alive feature sleeps sometimes, but with a pinger it usually has a fast response. Note, that when it wakes up, it calls the run command, and you have a very odd run command. You might want to fix that. It compiles before starting, so when it wakes up it Re-compiles, slowing the wake-up time.

Hey @dragonhunter1 thank you for looking into this! This is the screen I get when I try to visit the web link after a while:

I will update the startup script but I doubt it will fix this issue since the error is repl not found. What do you think?

Also I do have an uptimebot pinging this url every 6 minutes. Which did not help either.

AFAIK pingers no longer work, unfortunately.

They work fine for me, although it might not be optimal because of the new egress limit.

2 Likes

The best solution to this would be to purchase Always-On for that repl and use a web pinger at the same time. If your repl crashes due to an error, it won’t boot up again to prevent crashlooping.

3 Likes