My programming language aka JMP

credit goes to logo for having the rabbit. i just gave it a transparent background. if you want me to modify it, i can.

1 Like

The logo is now in place! Once I have access to he GitHub, I will also put it there!

cc: @QwertyQwerty88

So @dragonhunter1 apart from the readme, is there a command list somewhere fr who wants to play with it?

I am pretty sure everything that the language has is included in the README. I guess you could look at the source (keywords.nim for keywords).

will have a look after work :slight_smile:

Stupid Python, amirite?

need some form of input command to do something interesting with it. So far i see it has types, if, jump and functions.

1 Like
# 5+5?
a = 3

if a == 10: 
  echo "Correct!"
# i dunno if this part will work but deleting it doesnt change it so the error is above this
else:
  echo "Incorrect!"

the else statement is not the issue, it is somewhere in the if statement or variable declaration?

error returned:

jumplang main.jmp
parser.nim(141)          check
Error: unhandled exception: Syntax Error in main.jmp (0, 0:0):   [JlSyntaxError]
exit status 1

PS: You really need != operators (if not) and else (if not already existing)

I had the same, get error as soon as I assign something

I was able to make a slope function :slight_smile:

func slope(x1, y1, x2, y2):
  y = y2-y1
  x = x2-x1
  echo y/x
slope(32, 34, 76, 92)
4 Likes

Yeah, else is not supported. I will try to release stuff soon, but have no guarantees.

But it still wont work even with taking away else :frowning:

Indeed I get an error at the assignment first line always.

link to the repl? Also make sure to remove all unused whitespace.

Edit I removed all excess whitespace, and now it works.

2 Likes

I let @prisems share as I tried his code first and got errors and just deleted the else, the if, and still error. So his finding :slight_smile:

Simple function in JumpLang(JMP)

1 Like

Ok, for all your suggestions that can be done in nativelib, add them here: Things to add to Nativelib ยท Issue #4 ยท thatrandomperson5/JumpLang ยท GitHub (easier for me to keep track of)

I like the mixture of syntaxes, like thereโ€™s some Python-based syntax.

1 Like