My Forum Hiatus Update

If you don’t understand, I recently went on hiatus

Basically, I wanted to tell inform everyone that if you’ve seen me around it’s because I’ll sometimes check the forum, sometimes infrequently, and if I happen to have some time && happen to see something that I can genuinely help with in my area of expertise || I see a reply to a comment I made pre-hiatus I will probably respond just not super quickly.

On the main site, I’ll be “more” active because I may be using that for coding and I’ll see a notification. So checking replit is easier because I can also do coding at the same time.

I’m so glad I could be part of such an amazing and caring community, even if for just a little while.

People I’d like to shoutout (sorry for pings):

Some people to ask for help now that I’m not going to be replying to people from the future :smiley:

Again really sorry for pings but yeah

9 Likes

Only if you don’t tip 10k cycles :laughing:

4 Likes

I have 3k only ahhh
I’m in danger

:laughing:

4 Likes

oh also

• @anon45021817: really helpful and nice :smiley:
  • ShaneAtReplit: (No ping because they’re probably busy) but they are really helpful too
  • @InvisibleOne: really helpful and just super sweat and knowledgable about replit console and python
  • @CodingCactus: really cool and awesome :smiley: knows ruby XD

had to include this in a separate post because of only 10 mentions per post XD

6 Likes

Nah he would wake you to make it more painful

Thats rich to me :frowning:

1 Like

lol yeah sorry :frowning: I can give you some if you want

1 Like

Nah you dont have to there yours :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bro I said dont lmao, thanks

1 Like

bro I said I was gonna >:)

If you think that, please don’t check my posts anywhere that isn’t Replit Help
Lol, anyways, good luck with the coding!

1 Like

Ayy thanks for the shoutout :smile:

2 Likes

you’re welcome :smiley: thanks for being a good community member

1 Like

Nah, this is cap, you’re really good at all times, and you’ll do great filling my position as an active member (keep in mind that active in this case is understatement of the century since I was basically time traveling in the past I was that quick)

1 Like

I know right, sometimes I just want to say “Thank You” or “Nice!” or “Oh,” you know something to finish off the conversation then I end up having to beef it up a lot just to hit the char limit. It’s supposedly to increase the amount emojis used but that doesn’t work because even though client side it will process (emojis are like +10 characters), they won’t process server side via the API when they are send because they go from being 10 to 1 character :frowning:

2 Likes

That restriction exists to try and encorge people to make higher quality posts. This is not an I.M. (intent messenger like discord). Its ok to say thanks and stuff if you truly have something else to say. For example:

Thanks so much. Would it be possible to modify this code so it can also do x. And if yes how hard would it be?

3 Likes

UPDATE: thank you everyone so much, but the factor has hit me harder than I thought it would, I am therefore cutting myself off from everything:

Hey, if you’re reading this, it means I’ve decided to send it. I’m going to be taking a hiatus due to a large external factor that came into my life I cannot control. I wrote more of it on here: My Forum Hiatus. I have am muting everyone in my dms and not going to be responding. If you like, you can try pinging me on replit and that may get me to respond. I’ve tried to keep up the pace. I’ve tried, really, but MNA4 has recently shown me I can’t. I have to step away, I can’t deal with my irl life and with my online life at this rigor. So I’m taking this necessary but painful step. Just know, you were the best of friends, of coders, of mentors, and of just generally amazing people. I don’t hate you and I have genuinly enjoyed every moment of time with you. If this message seems more formal, that’s because it is and is meant to be. You will be missed o7. What I’m struggling with may take a month or it may take years for me to work out. Please know I’m sorry and you were the best of friends. Note that it is not school work, ok XD. Essientally I am retiring from replit – remember, not school work, ok, just something else, why does everyone assume that -_-

6 Likes

salute
We lost a great soldier today lads.

6 Likes

@bigminiboss I have a few comments. Firstly, you were very helpful to me yesterday and I thank you for that. Secondly, I think that MNA4 is not going to be around much now. I got some major help from them on My Number Guessing Game, but I haven’t seen or heard from them since this:

2 Likes

Why was he banned exactly?

2 Likes

According to the screenshot, “Ban evasion”. They helped me, then were banned, then was unbanned for a few days, and now has been banned ever since. What happened, I don’t know. MNA5 follows me and is also banned. I wonder if MNA5 is an alt account used to evade the ban. I really don’t know.

2 Likes