Máximum Load. Can it hold 1300 students live?

Hi. I would like to know if the application can hold 1300 students working on the same assignment at the same time, live? We are going to run an exam in the Repl.it for education

Hey, @iic1103 welcome to the forums.

I don’t see any limit but it could max out. Replit staff can confirm when the get around to this topic later today.

1 Like

Are we talking 1300 students in one multiplayer session? or just taking the same assignment in Teams for EDU?

2 Likes

They will be doing the same assignment individually. Mi idea is to create a single project and have everyone fork the same project to work individually. So no, no multiplayer session, just the same assignment.

Yes this is possible it would not be a problem if you need what you said. it will be confirmed by someone from replit soon.

1 Like

Hi @iic1103 thanks for your question.

My first thought here is can your network handle the data load 1300 students accessing Replit at the same time will generate?

Secondly I would suggest a “stress test” by inviting the students in few weeks before for a no-risk test of the infrastructure. Here any issues could be identified and investigated before making a decision on the exam.

Hope this helps. It sounds really interesting!

1 Like

Hi, Ian thanks for the reply. Yes, the network can handle the access. We’ve had tests before on other platforms and the network went perfectly fine.

As for the stress tests, we are running one tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.

2 Likes

Drills went amazing.

1 Like

This is great news @iic1103 !

Ran the exam with 1300 students live, no issues with the load. However, we had two students that for some reason they were on the same repl. Any thoughts why that might have been?

1 Like

That should not happen unless done manually or they were using the same account.

The students insisted on that they didn’t do anything (both of them were doing the test at the same time on different phyisical classrooms, however landed on the same repl). Out of curiosity, how could that be done manually? They weren’t in the same account, but they were seeing the same repl.

My bad it cant be done manualy. I was thinking they would of invited the other into the repl but I forgot that’s disabled on Teams for EDU repls.

I don’t think it should be possible but I’ve never had anything like 1300 students in a Teams for Edu working on projects at the same time so I think it’s worth logging this as a potential bug with Replit Support so they can investigate further.

2 Likes