Manage multiple ports on a single server with a nginx GUI

Add a user interface for nginx to make it easier to configure and manage multiple ports on the same server.

Configuring and managing multiple ports on a single server can be challenging for users who are not familiar with nginx configuration. The process requires manually editing configuration files and restarting the nginx server, which can be time-consuming and error-prone.

Without a user interface, it can be difficult for users to understand the various configuration options and how they should be set to host multiple ports on the same server. This can lead to users spending a significant amount of time researching and troubleshooting issues related to server configuration.

I was trying to set up a development environment that required multiple ports to be hosted on the same server. I decided to use nginx as the web server, but I found it difficult to understand the configuration files and how to set up the server to host multiple ports. I had to spend a significant amount of time researching and troubleshooting issues related to server configuration, which was frustrating and slowed down my workflow.

A user interface for nginx that made it easier to configure and manage multiple ports on the same server would be very helpful. The user interface could include options for specifying the ports and paths for each port, as well as options for managing the server (e.g. starting, stopping, and restarting the server). This would make it much easier for users to set up and manage their nginx server, particularly those who are not familiar with nginx configuration.

1 Like

Does Replit currently support multiple ports?

2 Likes

You can’t do it easily. You need to know Nginx and configure it

1 Like

But it can be done? This is very useful to know. Are there any docs for this?

1 Like

I made this repl that got that task done! Check it out here Multiports Repl

2 Likes

I forgot to share it here, but it is possible to open another 3 different ports on Replit using the .replit file: Multiple ports in one Repl