Making Replit ask bot

I want to make Replit ask bot but some people said it violates Replit’s ToS, does it?

Have you read the ToS?

I always mix Replit Ask’s ToS with Replit’s ToS so I don’t know what I did read

Wait so it does violate?

I think on this forum all you need to do is ask for permission

The Terms of Service say:

1. You may not automate access to the forum, or monitor the forum, such as with a web crawler, browser plug-in or add-on, or other computer program that is not a web browser. You may crawl the forum to index it for a publicly available search engine, if you run one.

Use your best judgement with this knowledge I guess.

1 Like

Just for reference that is point 5 on this section of the Ask ToS. In case anybody wanted to find it.

Ask a admin for a key while stating your idea, if you are trying to make a bot without a key, I would not recommend that.

1 Like

Making bots is 100% ok on Replit Ask. But you cant do it without an admin since they need to grant you an API key like @dragonhunter1 said. If you have an idea post it publicly in #general with the tag #forum-feedback or message an admin. If the admin and the community like the idea they will grant you a key if not they will not grant you a key.

1 Like

Can’t I automate it with Automation Librarys like Selenium?

No becauase you would still need an API key

I can create an Replit account, Signup using this Replit account to ReplitAsk and use the same cookies in the automation script

Those cookies reset every 10 or so min people have tried them before. But don’t do that until you get permission from an admin anyways

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.