Making .com websites

Can I make my website .com and not .repl.co ?

Yes you can if you have your own domain with .com but you cant make it .replit.com

1 Like

https://docs.replit.com/hosting/custom-domains

2 Likes

Can you explain me please more because I don’t anything of these stuf. How can I have a domain .com ?

See the link I posted

You need to purchase it, I recommend https://domains.google!

1 Like

A top-level domain (TLD) is the part of a domain name that comes after the “dot” and determines what type of organization or entity the domain is registered to. Some examples of TLDs include:

• .com: Commercial organizations or businesses
  • .edu: Educational institutions
  • .gov: Government agencies
  • .net: Network organizations or Internet service providers
  • .org: Non-profit organizations

For example, in the domain name “www.google.com”, the TLD is “com”. This indicates that the domain is registered to a commercial organization, in this case, Google.

There are many TLDs available for use, and new ones are regularly introduced. Some TLDs are intended for specific types of organizations (e.g., .edu for educational institutions), while others are more general and can be registered by anyone (e.g., .com).

To purchase a top-level domain (TLD), you need to follow these steps:

1. Determine which TLD you want to register: There are many different TLDs available, such as .com, .net, .org, and many others. Consider which TLD is the most appropriate for your business or organization, or which one you think would be most memorable for your audience.
  2. Check the availability of the TLD: Once you have decided on a TLD, you need to check whether it is available for registration. You can do this by performing a domain name search on a domain name registrar’s website. A domain name registrar is a company that is authorized to sell TLDs.
  3. Choose a domain name registrar: There are many domain name registrars to choose from, so you should do some research to find one that meets your needs. Consider factors such as the price of TLDs, any additional features or services offered, and the registrar’s reputation.
  4. Register your domain name: Once you have found a domain name registrar and a TLD that is available for registration, you can proceed to register your domain name. You will need to provide your contact and billing information, as well as specify the length of time that you want to register the TLD for (e.g., one year, two years, etc.).
  5. Pay the registration fee: Most domain name registrars charge a fee for TLD registration. The fee will depend on the TLD and the length of time you want to register it for.
  6. Configure your domain name: Once you have registered your TLD, you will need to configure it to work with your website. This typically involves pointing the domain name to the web server where your website is hosted. You can do this by changing the domain name’s DNS settings or by using an A record to point the domain name to the IP address of your web server.
  7. Renew your TLD registration: Most TLDs need to be renewed periodically, typically on an annual basis. You will need to pay a renewal fee to keep your TLD active. If you do not renew your TLD, it will expire and may be available for registration by someone else.

I can’t get it for free?

1 Like

No, it needs to be purchased!

1 Like

Here it didn’t ask me any money.

domain

Because connecting a domain is free

Before you told me that I have to pay it.

No, I told you that you needed to pay for the domain, not for the domain linking!

Oh! Ok. I’m Sorry. My mistake

1 Like

GoDaddy is a good one to get domains (not free btw). A lot of the time, you can just visit the address you want in your browser and it will say exactly where you can get it.

1 Like

Namecheap and Porkbun are good if you want to save a bit of cash on domains.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.