Make API endpoint from the code

Describe your feature request
Create an endpoint out of my code with the possibility of passing parameters.
Example.:
I’ve got C++ code that is doing some magic on input data. Right now it’s working inside replit with files. I want to make it work as an API endpoint. So, I POST JSON, my code is executed, and I get a JSON response.
I’m asking if it’s possible without me setting up Pistasche or Crow (C++ REST frameworks).

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
I have to set up a REST framework every time I need some simple API.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
Setting up a REST framework.
Sending files to Replit, then running my code somehow (very ugly, uhh)

Are you asking for code help on how to make an API? Your question is kind of confusing, could you clarify?

Edit: wait, I get it. You want an API for replit to run code for you! That used to exist but now does not work. You might have to create your own api.

4 Likes

Honestly I just use w3schools.com, they have some online code debuggers.

Exactly!

Btw. are there other users who need such a feature, or is it just me? What do you guys do with your code? Do you use it in some API or do you just code for the sake of coding?

Replit isn’t magic. If you want something, make it yourself. Replit’s just the web hosting service. It has a history of trying to be more than that, but that is what it is.

Chill. I was just asking. I want to know if I should make my own API wrapper and add to it every replit or maybe it might be a feature in the future.
To be 100% accurate, Replit is a web hosting (of a code) AND runtime.
Btw. can you elaborate more about this history, or send me somewhere where I can read more, about what it was trying to be?