Make a repl private / public while in the repls page

Describe your feature request
The option to change the privacy settings for repls on the My Repls page* has been removed. It would be useful to have this feature re-added in order to allow users to change the privacy settings for their repls easily, instead of having to click on each repl individually. Additionally, it would be helpful to have the ability to set an account-level preference for all repls to be private or revert to their current state when disabling this setting. This would provide users with a convenient way to manage the privacy settings for their repls.

*It can be accessed by clicking on the sidebar and clicking on My Repls.

4 Likes

Do you mean this (because I just took this screenshot so this still exists)?

1 Like

I think he means the cover page

3 Likes

I think he means on your Repls page

1 Like

No, they mean the user’s profile page where the repls are shown.

@LuisAFK, you can’t get to the repls page without modifying the URL. That’s an old page that isn’t used anymore.

3 Likes

But I can link to that page.

I can’t link to a profile page because I don’t know y’all’s usernames. But the profile page basically embeds the page I sent.

1 Like

Yes, I do… But not the old one
You can’t change the visibility of the repl on the my repls page…

That’s the user profile page, not the repls page. Though they’re basically the same…

2 Likes

Screenshot 2023-01-10 6.54.32 AM
If you hover over the Public/private text you will get this pop-up.

6 Likes

Oh, ok… To make it clearer for users to change the privacy settings for their repls, it would be helpful to add a checkbox or switch on the My Repls page.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d add it in this context menu. I didn’t actually know you could do it without entering the repl.
Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 16.38.39

2 Likes

Yeah! Me neither… Or just do it the old way (Add a switch)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.