Make a JavaScript badge

Describe your feature request

I recently noticed that @hugoondev has a pythonia badge on replit. Can there be a javascript badge?
What problem(s) would this feature solve?

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request

4 Likes

That badge is for 100 days of code. So until there is one for Javascript I don’t think this will be happening

7 Likes

lmao… The 100 days of code is so tedious tho ngl…

5 Likes

You also have to pay for that badge…

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s $20. Why on earth would I pay $20 for a virtual badge?

5 Likes

WAIT ITS $20! I thought it was free. David was saying how most free courses don’t give certificates in a Replit 101

8 Likes

Well yeah taking the course is free but getting the badge is $20 for whatever (bleep)ing reason

5 Likes

bro what is this? (nvm, replit needs money now adays) Im not really against replit

4 Likes

Plus its just a badge… and a lot of websites make you pay to take a certification test or get certified.

4 Likes

Well you get a certificate too IIRC

5 Likes

See, the thing I personally disaprove of is that there’s no evidence you’ve completed the tutorials. You just click ‘mark as done’ and move on… There’s no system of verification (as far as I’m aware of).

5 Likes

Hold on. Twenty dollars. For a badge.

Yeah no thanks.

I’m stunned that some people bought the badge at all.

4 Likes

oH yEaH yOu GeT a CerTiFiCaTe ThAt SaYs yOu CoMpLetEd a CoUrSe sO iT’s bAsIcalLy aLmoSt a DeGreE

2 Likes

Omg yeah you’re totally right. I should buy it because it’s huge bonus points towards permanent record. Colleges will instantly accept me once they see that I have the Pythonia badge on Replit :scream:

3 Likes

How replit imagines google hiring goes down:

1. I graduated with a PHD in quamtum physics
  2. I graduated with a PHD in Machine learning
  3. guys, guys, I have a pythonista badge from some random non-reputable teaching website that doesn’t even specialize in teaching – but I’m top 1%.

Google: yeah Imma go with 3

2 Likes

Listen… I know it might not be much… but look what I learned to do!

import time as t
while True:
    t.sleep(0.3)
    print("Ur mom XDXDXD")

Google: This man is the new CEO

Replit has teaching priorities straight

Replit… I don’t care about some Python badge. I care about being able to use the IDE 24 hours a day.

The top 1% that is odd enough to buy something I could fake with Inspect Element.

2 Likes

yes so replit makes you pay 20 dollars to “prove” that you’re top 1% (also if anyone DOESN’T complete the course it’s because they’re like me and just tested it out but don’t actually need it so being top 1% is meaningless on a platform where most the people who started it are going to already be python experts and therefore were just curious and are statistic boosters :confused: )

2 Likes