Lost hours of progress after renaming a project

Bug description:
Progress got rolled back after renaming repo

Expected vs Current Behavior:
Expected behaviour? should be obvious. Don’t set my progress back when i rename the project ???

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Make changes
  2. Rename replit
  3. Lose progress

Bug appears at this link: https://replit.com/community/all

Screenshot(s)/Screen Recording:
Can’t screenshot stuff that doesn’t exist anymore due to a bug.

Browser/OS/Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@carniviore

Hey @carniviore welcome to the forums!

Can you share the link to the repl? In the meantime I have escalated this to Replit staff

2 Likes

Yep!
https://replit.com/@carniviore/racket-1

1 Like

also, just realized that i didnt fill in the OS/browser thing

its win11 + vivaldi, but that shouldn’t really matter afaik

note: the name was originally “racket (1)”, switched it to “racketfetch” though. progress got deleted. switched it back to “racket (1)” to see if that’d help, but it did nothing

Hey @carniviore!

I have sent this directly to the team and will let you know as soon as I have an update!

1 Like

Good to know, thanks!
On my main account, I ended up rewriting the stuff I lost, so don’t worry about recovering my lost code.

Hey @carniviore!

Got it. The team is still looking into the root cause of this issue, so I will keep this open until we can issue an update.