Losing Account Access

Problem Description:
I have a Replit account connected to my school gmail. I will soon lose access to that gmail account, so I attempted to change the email to something that I will be able to use forever. Because I sign in with Google, I don’t know my password, and I’ve tried every password I use for that field and it doesn’t work. In order to reset my password, Replit sends an email to my school gmail which can’t receive emails from Replit. The restrictions on my school gmail will not be lifted under any circumstances, because of how my school’s security team acts (f them). I need help!
For the Replit team, I can provide any proof that you ask for to prove I am who I am, just help me do something.

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@Redcat77

1 Like

Hi @Redcat77
You should be able to change your email in settings.

Also sorry that this question has been asked before, but I simply cannot find a way out of this loop. Reddit Ask is where it sent me. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

It requires my password, which I do not know, because I do not have one.

1 Like

Hey @Redcat77!

Please email support@replit.com.

1 Like

Hello Redcat77!

For security reasons, we’re unable to change the email address on your account. Access to the previous email address is required in order to confirm the change on your Replit account.

You can either contact your school to reinstate your email access or create a new account and fork your projects to it by visiting www.replit.com/@USERNAME. Hope this helps!

1 Like

They (for now) still have the email, but it seems they can’t receive out-of-district emails to it:

3 Likes

Security reasons? Surely there must be some way for me to prove who I am?

1 Like

You can download multiple Repls using this, and upload them back to a new account:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.