Login problem with replit (MULTIPLE)

Logging in

Every day I get logged out no matter what I do. I log in one day, and then the next, I get logged out. This happens within a 24 hour time window, so its not a weekly sid reset.

After login

I log in, and then it redirects to some /replView url which returns 404. That’s. so. annoying!.

Anyone else experiencing this? It’s also cross platform (chrome os ANd macOs on two macbooks face same issue)

2 Likes

I have noticed I’ve been logging in more than usual recently (although it’s really quick because I just click login with GitHub and that’s already logged in), although I don’t think I’ve ever been redirected to /replView.

4 Likes

UPDATE: I’ve just been logged out AGAIN after…

5 minutes

Come on, this is kinda annoying now. It wasn’t like this, what happened?

4 Likes

This happens to me all the time. I’m not sure what is causing this. Sometimes when I refresh in the editor, I get logged out. When I sign back in, I get taken to a 404. Replit needs to fix this.

2 Likes

Hey that’s one of my bug reports! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hi @python660 !
Have you tried replit.com/~ instead of replit.com?
I don’t usually get logged out on my laptop when I use the former.

2 Likes

interesting… ill try tomorrow

Thanks for sharing. I definitely need to do more research to promote my

1 Like

They changed SIDs a while back for security… and they have essentially no lifespan, it really sucks.

1 Like

@python660 do you have the same problem if you log in with your email instead of your username?

Isn’t it not possible to log in with your username at all anymore?

1 Like

It is getting phased out! I’m wondering if the problem is specific to the flow where you first try to log in with your username, or if it’s a general issue.

2 Likes

I can’t already, they’ll say that they’re enhancing security and ask you to enter your username.

1 Like

I am forced to log into email, but I usually log in with username then click the log in button twice.

That’s usually what I do.

Huh. Last I checked I wasn’t allowed to use my email at all anymore.

@python660 @BluebayStudios does the problem still happen if you skip the attempt to log in with username?

well recently it the replview thing went away even when i was doing the same process of logging in with username then email, that’s nice