Linked Domain Not Working ( bought from Cloudflare)

Problem description: I’ve linked my domain to my repl for almost 3 days, but when I go to the domain in my web browser it doesn’t work and returns a 404 error.

Here are my DNS records (only 3 of them) in Cloudflare.

However, when I use the original replit URL, it works fine.

Can anyone help me with this? Thank you so much!

Browser: Chrome
Plan (Free, Hacker, Pro Plan): Hacker

here are some general troubleshooting options. I c/p this so not all of these might be right in this situation.

1. Check DNS Settings:
    Ensure that your domain’s DNS settings are correctly configured to point to the correct IP address. Verify that you have created DNS records (A or CNAME) for your domain and pointed them to Replit’s IP addresses. This is usually done through your domain registrar’s control panel.

2. DNS Propagation:
    DNS changes can take some time to propagate across the internet. Although it’s been three days, it’s possible that some DNS servers haven’t updated yet. You can use online tools like “DNS Checker” to see if your domain’s DNS records have propagated globally.

3. SSL/TLS Certificate:
    If you’re using HTTPS (which is recommended), ensure that your SSL/TLS certificate is correctly configured. Sometimes, SSL certificates can take some time to be issued and activated.

4. Replit Configuration:
    Check your Replit configuration to ensure that your domain is properly added and linked to your project. Verify that your project is set up to respond to requests for your domain.

5. Browser Cache:
    Clear your browser cache and try accessing the domain again. Sometimes, browsers cache old DNS information.

6. Testing with Different Browsers:
    Sometimes browser-specific issues can occur. Test your website in different browsers to see if the issue persists.

7. Check Replit Logs:
    Check the logs in your Replit project for any error messages or issues related to handling incoming requests. Replit provides logs that can help you diagnose problems.

8. Replit Support:
    If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider reaching out to Replit support. They may be able to provide more specific guidance or assist with any platform-related issues.

9. Temporary Replit URL:
    While troubleshooting, you can use the temporary Replit URL as a workaround to access your project. However, it’s best to get your custom domain working for a more professional appearance.

Remember that DNS changes and domain setup can sometimes be a bit complex, and issues can arise due to various factors. Be patient, and double-check each step to ensure accuracy. If the problem persists, contacting Replit support would be a good next step.

1 Like

This happens when you have’t changed your SSL/TLS settings from Cloudflare’s end. Go into your Zone, go to “SSL/TLS” and switch it to “Full”.

A good article is on Cloudflare’s site here: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS · Cloudflare SSL/TLS docs

It works! Thank you so much!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.